Wednesday, November 7, 2012

My girls...

After an amazing night of openness, authenticity, tears, and prayer small group is over once again.  I am getting down to single digits of the times I will be able to be with these women on a regular basis, and it makes me feel like throwing up.  (I seem to be talking about throwing up a lot in my blogs lately...)  Seriously - it's one of those nights where the loss feels too great, and I could give into it.  But this blog is about thankfulness this month - so I will press on.

I am thankful for these women.  I am thankful for the time that I have had with them.  The conversations.  The tears and laughter (there have been plenty of both!)  The realness.  And the prayers - oh, the calling on God that has happened in that group!  For our families, our friends, our town, our church, our ministries, ourselves!  And the answers that have come in have been in abundance.  We have watched children return to Jesus; healing happen in all aspects - mental, physical, emotional, and spiritual; And seen captives set free.  God is good.

I am thankful that I know these women will be storming the gates for me (and my family and the people that we minister to) when we leave for South Sudan.  And I am thankful that I will welcomed back into the fold with open arms whenever we are home.

So thank you, Jesus.  For "my girls."  My friends.  My sisters.  

No comments:

Post a Comment