Friday, May 4, 2012

a quote

I saw this on a friend's wall today on Facebook, and have thought about it all day:

  "Worry is not believing God will get it right, and bitterness is believing God got it wrong." Tim Keller

The worry part I knew and understood - it is something I think about often as I get anxious and fret.  However,  I have never thought of bitterness that way before. It makes me really dig deeper into my reaction to some things.  I have a deep desire to trust God in all circumstances - past, present, and future.  Honestly, it gives me much relief and freedom to really live that way - realizing I don't have to "remind" God, nag him, reprimand him, or worry that he has "ulterior" motives.  Who am I to say he is not doing things right or that God got it wrong in the past? Isn't it more freeing to just believe he is who he says he is, he loves as he says he does, and he has a perfect plan that he is carrying out to completion in our lives?

This quote came at exactly the right time to remind me of this.  Don't you love when he works that way?

No comments:

Post a Comment