Sunday, July 24, 2011

Beautiful Things

"All this pain -I wonder if I’ll ever find my way
I wonder if my life could really change at all
All this earth - Could all that is lost ever be found
Could a garden come up from this ground at all

You make beautiful things
You make beautiful things out of the dust
You make beautiful things
You make beautiful things out of us

All around - Hope is springing up from this old ground
Out of chaos life is being found in You"
-Michael Gungor

I love this song.  It so expresses many of the ideas I have been thinking through recently.  Shawn and I have been going through some counseling as we look at going back down to Philly to meet with WHM again for missions stuff.  I thought it was another hoop to jump through - I mean how often can one talk about their past and the way it affects them today?  However, as I have wandered through my history in my mind and in talking with Barbara I have seen exactly how much God takes old, broken, dry ground and is making a beautiful thing out it.  He is healing me, freeing me from lies that I have believed my whole life, and allowing his love to pour in while hope is springing up from this old ground.  He is so amazing!
As I think about the things that we have walked through recently with Anthony's death, I also see this hope.  I am hearing testimony of Anthony's life and his walk with God from all over the world!  I am listening to people pray for his family to know the love and life that Anthony came to know in his last few months here on this earth.  Yes, there is pain and there have been questions - yet even in our limited ability to see it is obvious God is making beautiful things from even this. 
Out of chaos life IS being found.  Thank you, Jesus!

1 comment: