Sunday, June 5, 2011

how's it going?

It's been a while, so I feel like I should write something - but honestly I am not sure what!  :)  Things are going well in this new life that we are living.  It has been wonderful to get to know our new church family.  Today Shawn baptized a young woman who has started attending the church with her kids.  RJ and Andrew have taken a special liking to her son, who is about RJ's age - and it is wonderful to see RJ wanting to hang out with his new friend!  (He is just getting to that age where he is even interested in that!) This week I took Anna over to someone's house and we played Chinese Checkers and went for a walk to break up the monotony of living in an assisted living place for her.  Next week Anna is going to help another older woman weed her rock garden.  John and Anna have both been helping out in Children's Church and they are doing an amazing job!  It is so much fun to see them involved in people's lives and enjoying doing ministry.  Tonight they headed off to youth group with a few of the teens from that they are getting to know, and it made my heart happy.  They have (as usual) adjusted well to this move.  On Wednesdays we spend the entire day (from 8:30 am to 10pm) at Troy, so that day can be pretty long.  But since the weather has gotten nicer, and Rosina's pool is up and running, things have been a little more fun! ;)  Overall I would say things are going rather smoothly, so than you all for praying!  (Keep it up!)
Shawn and I have had a few things in our lives recently in ministry that have made us feel a little overwhelmed.  God is teaching us a lot about our strengths and weaknesses, and the fact that even our strengths are not good enough when not used in him - and our our weaknesses are made strong in him!  (That was kind of a confusing statement!  I hope you got it!)  I can't really get into details, but we are learning that we are not meant to save the world -not in and of ourselves.  Our battle against pride, wanting to look good and feel needed and praised, and realizing that we have no clue what we are doing in it all is constant!  But God is good, and he us reminding me that I need to remain in relationship with him, bask in his love and grace, guard my own heart (something that I have not been great about in this first month of the new schedule!), and proclaim him and him alone.  He takes care of all the ins and outs and I can rest in that.  I am so thankful for that!

No comments:

Post a Comment