Wednesday, March 16, 2011

Perspective

My heart has been heavy this week for many people.  For nation of Japan and the people who have been so severely affected by yet another natural disaster, then a man made disaster on top of it!  The people of Sudan who are facing unrest and lack of peace in this post referendum time.  The missionaries I know whose hearts are there (in both places) yet they cannot physically be there for the ones they love.  Friends who are overseas and dealing with personal times of uncertainty.  Family members making decisions and learning to rely on God in ways that are not always fun and comfortable.  Others I love who are not following the Lord - especially in these times of so many disasters. 
It makes my whining about a lack of clarity for our future seem pitiful. 
God had done something in my spirit in the last couple of weeks.  Isaiah 26:3 has come to mind, "You will keep in perfect peace all who trust in you, all whose thoughts are fixed on you."  I have read stories of people in disasters past who have known Jesus and trusted even though the dark and scary times. 
So I am praying this right now for all of the above.  That the ones who know Jesus would be able to keep their thoughts fixed on Him and that they could pass that hope on to the multitudes of people around them who are hopeless right now.  That God would raise up those who know him to minister and love even in these times of uncertainty and darkness.  And that I would live in that peace and be a hope-giver myself. 

1 comment:

  1. Thank you, Heather. My heart is heavy too, but God, through your words helped to lighten it. May we rest in Him--Jesus--our risen Savior! Hugs and prayers for you.

    ReplyDelete