Thursday, March 31, 2011

His Way

Here is another poem from Streams in the Desert that spoke to me:

His Way

God bade me go when I would stay
(Twas cool within the wood);
I did not know the reason why
I heard a boulder crashing by
across the path where I stood.

He bade me stay when I would go;
"Thy will be done," I said. 
They found one day at early dawn,
across the way where I would have gone,
a serpent with a mangled head.

No more I ask the reason why,
Although I may not see
the path ahead, His way I go;
For though I know not, He doth know;
And He will choose the safest path for me.
              ~From the Sunday School Times

I am trusting that God's time, God's way is best - even though that may not be what I see or understand right now!  He will choose the safest path for me!  Amen!

No comments:

Post a Comment