Wednesday, November 10, 2010

Thankfulness in the unexpected!

Well it's a new week and a new Compelled!  We had a wonderful time tonight with our new church plant.  For the first time we had almost as many women as men! :)
God is working in Troy, and I am happy that he is allowing us to be a part of it.  This church plant is not what I imagined - I never thought that I would be working with 35 college students each week.  But he is faithful, and I am blessed to be allowed to be a part of their lives.  In my small group tonight we had good conversations about the things in our lives that need to be covered in grace.  To my surprise - and delight - people were very open and honest in their talking.
I am also very honored to be a part of the worship band.  This group that is made mostly of college students  is full of a lot of life and excitement!  We are working out the kinks and getting to know each other, but for only playing together a few weeks, things are coming together well.  And it is so fun to watch them takes steps of faith in their walk with God.  They are an amazing group!
God is teaching me a lot about being grateful!

No comments:

Post a Comment