Tuesday, November 30, 2010

dirty oven

So I cleaned my oven today, and realized as I was cleaning it (translation:  hitting the self clean button) that I was trying to come up with a good analogy - cleaning out the yuckiness inside where it is hidden?  Burning away the mire?  haha...I can't help it!  This blogging thing gets in my head!  I remember in Malawi whenever I was doing something new (pretty much every day) I was figuring out how I would write it on my blog!  I guess I just like to write!  Or preach.  Or tell stories. 

But I will spare you the oven story and just say that yesterday was a bad day.  One of those "I am grumpy because I want to be grumpy and nothing you can say will make it better so go away" type days.   Fortunately I have a husband who does not go away, and even goes so far as to remind me that it is just a day, a feeling - fleeting.  And those feelings can be deceiving and are not necessarily what or who I am.  And as soon as I was ready to stop being stubborn and listen, and run back into the arms of God, life was in perspective again. 

Kinda like the dirty oven being cleaned from the inside out...
lol!

No comments:

Post a Comment