Tuesday, July 27, 2010

Steadfast Love

stead·fast also sted·fast (stdfst, -fst)
adj.
1. Fixed or unchanging; steady.
2. Firmly loyal or constant; unswerving. See Synonyms at faithful.

This is the word that I am focusing on this year in my walk with God. Remembering HIS streadfastness in character and his love for me; and in my own self- being steadfast in my trust of him and his love for me, and not always wavering and being swayed so easily by emotions or circumstances.
God is teaching me so much about this already, and though I am thankful, because I know it is ultimately for my own good (as is everything He allows in our lives) it is not an easy lesson. I feel like I have been stretched, prodded, and exposed so many times aready, and I do not like what I see in me.
So burn away the mire, Lord. I expect that it will not be simply unpleasant, but downright painful at times. But I am tired of this "existing" with no understanding of why at times. Reveal yourself to me, Holy Spirit, Create in me a clean heart, and renew a steadfast spirit within me.

No comments:

Post a Comment